Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tis the Season for Village Houses

Mom hosted a small craft party last weekend and one of the projects was making these village houses. The body of the house is covered in a felted pinkish wool sweater and the roof is sheet music. She had a lot of items for us to choose from and the project just sort of took on a life of it's own. I am so proud of mine! Mom and Brooke made me feel amazing with their compliments.

I chose to use portions of different ribbon for the windows, doors and trim, and a snowflake ornament dangles from the center of the roof. The bleached white Christmas tree in the yard has a base made from a spool wrapped with music. I added teeny tiny gold beads as ornaments and another larger bead on top. The landscaping got a bit out of control but was so much fun!

Once I had the yard and gardens all glued on, I added the snow to the roof and ground and a light dusting on all of the plants. The final touch was a thick drippy layer of Mod Podge that I added iridescent mica flake to.

A house like this takes a few hours to make. But with friends working with me, a glass of wine and some Christmas music playing in the background, it really got me in the Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

mrs. fitch said...

sometimes i just can't take the creativity and talent. seriously. you need your own store to sell this stuff. i'd totally back you.