Saturday, June 21, 2008

I love Christmas!!

In my opinion, one of the best things about being a human is Christmas. It's everything about it I love. The spirit, the kitchy stuff, the music, the trees, the movies, the memories, the decorations, Santa, the kids, the food, the lights, the love. I'm totally in love with Christmas. It reminds me of how wonderful all that was when I was little and still is. Christmas crafting allows me to totally regress back to that kind of innocence with my mother and sister which is very special to me. Here's a couple Christmas crafts I have some photos of. I'm sure there are more that I'll get to.

Mom and I made these pipecleaner Christmas trees and then simulated water globes by attaching them to a wooden base and gluing a small fishbowl upside down on top of them. First we had to glitter the heck out of the insides though of course to simulate snow.


These are what I like to call "dollop Santas". I believe I got this idea from either Mary Englebreit or Charlotte Lyons... can't remember. I made the first of these when I had some left over paper mache and wasn't sure what to do with it. I just made some blobs, let them dry and then painted them red with white faces and little dots for eyes and then attached a teeny tiny beard. So cute.


I made this Nativity set for Mom about 8 years ago after college out of Sculpey. Each figure is made from the clay and then baked and the set is paper mache.


And of course, no Christmas home is complete without the most important message! I followed Mary Englebreit's example in making these letters for Mom to display at Christmas time, as she is equally hardcore about Christmas as I am.

1 comment:

cc said...

unless you tell me not to I'm going to add your blog to my blog's links. What do you think of that? Huh, punk, what do you think of that!