Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Chest

This is a chest of drawers my mother in law purchased unfinished that I painted and decoupaged for her for Christmas a few years ago. It was a crowning achievement and one of my favorite creations. The entire thing was painted with acrylic paints and finished with many layers of Anita's polyurethane. I discovered Anita's and fell in love at once because it is less tacky than Mod Podge and for a piece of furniture like this, tackiness would not be cool. I also used Anita's for the decoupage on the top and sides. The scenes on the drawers were done freehand. This took me a few months to complete working on weekends and evenings when I had the time.


She is a spiritual person and loves music, so the sides and top were decoupaged with quotes and pieces of sheet music.

4 comments:

Scooter said...

I love this!!! The detail is amazing!!!!

Frances said...

I love this piece of furniture. You put yourself into it and yet made it according to what I liked. I will treasure it for the rest of my life. I love showing it to people.

briana_z said...

Incredible...love it!

tpham said...

Oh my gosh...You are so crafty!